BRAND NEW PRINT PROCESS | Does this process have a future? | Solways Printers Quality Printing London
21 January 2014
Last week Tim Solway of Solways Printers attended Scodix’s/1st Byte launch party for the new SENSE™ digital print process at Fedrigoni’s London offices.
So what is Scodix SENSE™?
Scodix SENSE™ turns print into an experience
Scodix SENSE™ is a digital enhancing printing experience that creates memorable experiences through engaging additional senses such as touch/feel onto the printed surface to extend consumers memory. How on earth do you do that!? I hear you ask. Check out our Solways Printers channel to see the Scodix SENSE™ Premium Qualities explained here:
Why don’t you take a look round their website too?
TIM’S TOP TIPS:
1. Avoid Scodix application to fold/crease areas as the polymer will crack. It is not flexible like lamination (gloss/matt/silk)
2. Scodix works best on coated papers I have not seen results using uncoated materials.
3. Take great care should you decide to apply Scodix to a LETTERHEAD. Most lasers employ heat and therefore may cause rather expensive mechanical problems. Full testing is recommended.
Solways Printers have broken down why quality print processes like this are so key for business:
- ATTENTION: Your print needs to have impact. Make sure you turn people’s heads!
- EMOTIONS: Customers need to feel inspired and relate to your brand
- REMEMBRANCE: We only remember a small fraction of information. Make it be yours!
With this in mind, Solways Printers understands why sensory printing makes sense (pardon the pun!). The values expressed here are the guidelines that we live by every day! We take your brand through the minefield of print and enable you to burst through the ordinary and destroy all average print in your path. When considering certain high quality processes such as thermography, foiling and embossing; will this new, exciting print process be in the same league? We think so…
BRAND NEW PRINT PROCESS | Does this process have a future? | Posted by Intern | Solways Printers | Quality Printing London since 1967